Buying a home is personal and emotional. So the relationship with your real estate agent has to be built on expertise, trust and mutual respect. After all, they will be acting as your eyes, ears and voice throughout the process. They have a fiduciary duty to act in your best interests, to be completely transparent and accountable to you.
Here’s what a Royal LePage agent will do:
• Educate you about the current market conditions
• Discuss and analyze your wants and needs against your budget
• Guide you to homes that fit your criteria
• Coordinate the work of other professionals you’ll need during the process
• Negotiate with the seller on your behalf
• Make sure all the required paperwork is fully completed, accurate and that deadlines are met
• Work with you to resolve any challenges that may arise
And while your agent will likely be a great source of advice on financing, it is ultimately your responsibility to understand and secure it.
So, let’s move on to financing…